Production Planning - Master Scheduler
About the Job
Advanced Integrated Tooling Solutions (AITS), a division of AIT, delivers a broad range of turnkey customer equipment, machines and tooling for aerospace industry in Chesterfield Michigan.
As an integral part of the AITS team, the successful candidate will be an active participant in specialty tooling including carbon fiber technology for aerospace manufacturing.
The Production Planner/Master Scheduler will work closely with the Manufacturing, Purchasing, Design, and Finance departments.
Job Skills and Knowledge
The ideal candidate will be a leader with superior analytical skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills, the ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly and effectively, and a team player.
A background in manufacturing planning and an ability to work independently to meet deadlines are essential.
Fluency and proficiency in the practical application of materials resource planning logic, scheduling log, capacity planning, and product structures are required are required.
A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and matrixed team environment.
The Production Planner/ Master Scheduler is responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining a valid master schedule for production manufacturing.
- Creating defined processes and ensuring data integrity.
- Developing, implementing, and improving master scheduling processes, tools, and systems in collaboration with the operations management.
- Conducting rough-cut capacity planning before publishing a master schedule in which significant changes have occurred. Summarizing daily and weekly master schedules for released orders and comparing these to the operating plan to ensure that the master schedule is aligned with customer commitments.
- Identifying material and capacity availability and order-promising integrity.
- Informing management and recommending alternatives on how the requested demand could be satisfied.
- Creating a master schedule that satisfies customer demand while leveling work being released to manufacturing and optimizing resource utilization.
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Must have five plus years of planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A history of progressively increasing responsibilities in Production Planning in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Highly skilled in data analysis, manipulation, and have superior Microsoft Office skills.
- APICS CPIM Certification helpful.
Career Level Required – Advanced
Experience Required – 5+
Education Required - Degreed or Equivalent Experience
Job Type – Employee
Job Status - Full Time
We offer an outstanding compensation package and a casual, team-oriented environment.â€‹ Please send a resume and detailed cover letter with salary history/â€‹requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org